The Remaining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Brave

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So here it is, my RPG project

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
InfamousI
InfamousI

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-02-24

So here it is, my RPG project Empty
PostSubject: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 pm

Introduction

Work in Progress

Table of Contents

The Book of Life
Chapter 1: Setting (Almost No Info)
Chapter 2: Races (Half Done)
Chapter 3: Culture (No Info)

The Book of Mind
Chapter 4: The Troupe (No Info)
Chapter 5: The System (Mostly Done)
Chapter 6: The Rules (Half Done)

The Book of Spirits
Chapter 7: Dream Realm (No Info)
Chapter 8: Gaian Planes (No Info)
Chapter 9: Spirit Realm (No Info)
Chapter 10: Ancestor Realm (No Info)

The Book of Souls
Chapter 11: Gods (No Info)
Chapter 12: Magic (Mostly Done)
Chapter 13: Characters (Some Info)

Last edited by InfamousI on Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysanthropicasylum.net
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:29 pm

The Book of Life

Chapter 1: Setting

Work in Progress

The Calendar
30 hours a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month with a holiday to end each month, 10 months a year with an extra holiday to start and end the year, and a third holiday to mark the end of every 10 years (basically, the first and last months of the year are 30 days long, but the last month is 31 days long every tenth year, the other 8 months in between are 29 days long).

The Currency
Copper, Silver, and Gold are the staple of currency. Pennies and coins of copper and silver are the most widely used, but raw materials are still worth their weight. There are also gold bars, common gems such as amethysts, topaz, and opals, rare gems such as rubies, emeralds, sapphires and pearls, and diamonds. A penny weighs roughly 2 grams, while a coin weighs 20, and is thus worth 10x as much as a penny of the same metal. A gold bar weighs 500 grams. Silver is worth 20x the same weight in copper, while gold is worth 5x the weight in silver or 100x the weight in copper.

1 copper penny will likely afford on egg, an apple, or a couple berries.
1 copper coin = 10 copper pennies and could afford a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs or a piece of chicken, pork or goat.
1 silver penny = 2 copper coins or 20 copper pennies.
1 silver coin = 10 silver pennies, 20 copper coins or 200 copper pennies.
1 gold coin = 5 silver coins, 50 silver pennies, 100 copper coins or 1000 copper pennies.
1 gold bar = 25 gold coins, 125 silver coins, 1250 silver pennies, 2500 copper coins or 25,000 copper pennies.
1 perfectly cut carat of a common gem = 2 gold coins, 10 silver coins, 100 silver pennies, 200 copper coins or 2000 copper pennies.
1 perfectly cut carat of a rare gem = 5 one carat common gems, 10 gold coins, 50 silver coins, 500 silver pennies, 1000 copper coins or 10,000 copper pennies.
1 perfectly cut carat of a diamond = 5 one carat rare gems, 25 one carat common gems, 2 gold bars, 50 gold coins, 250 silver coins, 2500 silver pennies, 5000 copper coins or 50,000 copper pennies.

Last edited by InfamousI on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:31 pm

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

Reserved for Chapter 1
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Chapter 2: Races

Work in Progress

Last edited by InfamousI on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:35 pm

Humans
Humans evolved from souls interested in knowing about themselves, how they came to be, and the nature of souls in general. As such, they tend to be focused more on their own desires than that of others, yet at the same time, are better able to channel their emotions and desires, both selfish and selfless, to aide their actions, and have the highest number of total Ascended of any kind of all the races.

Appearance: It is said that humans were the first to adopt a body of two legs and two arms with opposable thumbs on their hands after coming to understand a soul’s purpose to forge spirit to their will, and the restrictions placed upon them from doing so by their new bodies. Instead, they adopted these forms to allow them to shape material objects to their will. Their body has little hair due to their use of fire and the adoption of clothing, and has an average development of senses, as it is more designed around the use of the hands than anything.

Racial Boons: Passionate – Humans are the most in touch with their own souls out of all the races, and have the greatest command of their own wills. Whenever they spend a Willpower Point on a roll, they can add the point spent to the roll as an extra die.

Resourceful – Recognizing that their bodies are little more than a tool to limit their souls, humans understand better than anyone the use of tools and technology as an extension of their bodies to allow them to achieve more than they could without them. Humans get a -1 difficulty to all rolls involving the use of some kind of tool to aid their task.

Racial Flaw: Self-Involved – Although known as being masters of their own souls, humans are at the same time known to place themselves above anyone else, and often struggle to be more selfless. The multiplier for raising any Virtue is x5 for humans instead of x4.

Social Boon: Gnomes – Humans tend to be the gnomes’ best customers. Whereas gnomes love to create, humans tend to put their creations to the best use, and unlike orcs, humans are sooner to buy than simply try to take. Humans receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with gnomes.

Dwarves – Though not as reliant on the business of humans as they are of the gnomes, dwarves still share a close relationship with the race, valuing their insights and help in defending their shared borders. Humans receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with dwarves.

Social Stigma: All Dragons – Mortal servants of the gods, the five elemental families of dragons are weary of humans above all else, seeing them as the most likely to cause trouble on a spiritual level and to challenge the gods almost directly, which indeed, more than any do, dragons deal with humans with the utmost caution and suspicion, the dragons of all elements have a very tense and often violent relationship with humans, second only to their treatment of orcs, who they are certain are interested in only what they can gain. Humans receive +2 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with dragons.

Elves – Elves look upon humans as self-centered children who care only about their own desires and nothing about their place in relation to the rest of the world. Only the orcs surpass them in the elves’ ire over their disregard towards the consequences of their actions, and who is made to suffer because of them. Humans receive a +2 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with elves.

Orcs – Aggressive and covetous, the cities of humans, dwarves and gnomes are the orc’s most difficult yet rewarding targets, and humans in particular their most respected, or perhaps, least hated enemy. But enemy still they are, and orcs are more likely to attack than befriend a human, then again, they’re more likely to attack than befriend anyone, even of their own kind. Humans receive a +1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with orcs.

Mentality: Intelligent

Elemental Affinity: Any

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Elves
Elves evolved from souls interested in knowing about their environment, how it worked, and their relationship with nature. They tend to focus on the world around them while looking down on other races as unenlightened at best and consider orcs, humans, dwarves and gnomes to have a selfish disregard for nature. Though they do not have the numbers of Ascended humans do, they come closer than any other race, are just as varied in the Arts their race express, and are considered a better authority on the practice of magic.

Appearance: Elves reverence for the beauty of nature has caused them to take on perhaps the most appealing forms of all the races. Tall and slender, they move lightly and gracefully, and have developed their senses to better examine the world around them, their ears having become long and pointed to better pick up sound.

Racial Boons: Perceptive – Ever observant, elves are more aware of their surroundings than any other race. They receive a -1 difficulty to all rolls involving Perception, Alertness, or Awareness.

Scholarly – Astute and eager to learn anything about the world around them, elves are known for their fast knowledge and ability to learn. Any Intelligence based Ability is learned at an x1 modifier instead of x2 when listed as one of the Primary Mental Abilities.

Racial Flaw: Racially Aloof – Interested most of all in the “big picture,” elves consider themselves the superior race, believing that all others are misguided at best, and willfully detrimental at worst. They are at a +1 difficulty to any Social roll when dealing with someone of another race. Certain individuals known personally by elven characters can be made exceptions to this penalty if approved by the Storyteller at the cost of 2 XP or 1 customization point at character creation unless the individual is represented by one of the character’s Privileges instead.

Social Stigma: Orcs – The most hated of rivals, orcs and elves mutually despise each other like no other two races. Whereas elves cherish all of creation, orcs revel in destruction. Though the cities shared by the dwarves, gnomes, and humans hold more valuable spoils, their contempt for the elves and their weaker defenses make them the favored targets of the horde. Elves receive a +2 difficulty on all social rolls dealing with orcs in addition to the +1 difficulty for Racially Aloof.

Elemental Affinity: Any

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Satyrs
Satyrs evolved from souls interested in the other life forms around them, not just those with souls, but the lesser life forms as well. Though they have a love and fascination for all the other races, they have focused mainly on the animals and have grown to understand and communicate with them at the expense of relying more on instincts than intelligence. Satyrs almost always gravitate towards the Spirit Realm when Ascending, and though few ever reach beyond the outer boarder, they have the most clerics of any race.

Appearance: Satyrs were once a diverse lot, imitating the appearance of their favored animal; however, as time went on, one form began to be favored over any other. With the legs and horns of a mountain goat, but the form and hands of a human, satyrs found the perfect balance between the maneuverability to travel long distances and over rough terrain, natural defenses, and a form more compatible with the other races.

Racial Boons: Empathetic – Satyrs understand the Virtue of Empathy better than any other race, and through their instinctive nature, they can roll Wisdom + Empathy, difficulty 5, to perfectly understand and be understood by someone of another race, and with at least 3 successes, will be able to discern if they are trying to be deceptive. Satyrs can also roll Empathy + Awareness, difficulty 7, to sense people in the vicinity, their current emotional state, and whether they are a potential threat or not, or Empathy + Charisma, difficulty 7 to lower the difficulty on any social roll.

Athletic – Satyrs, though not suited for combat to the extent of garou or orcs, are the most athletic of the races, and receive a -1 difficulty on all Reflexes rolls when replacing Agility, as well as all Athletic-based Ability rolls. They can also move 3 times as fast as other races on land.

Racial Flaw: Selfless – Through their empathetic natures, satyrs understand others better than any other race, and have a hard time placing their own desires above another’s. The multiplier for raising a Vice is x5 instead of x4.

Social Boon: Humans – Humans tend to be fascinated by satyrs, their love of life, their innate curiosity, and perhaps most of all, their ability to communicate without understanding language. They also use them as diplomats of sorts with the elves, who don’t take kindly to humans. Satyrs are at -1 difficulty to all social rolls when dealing with humans.

Elves – Despite how they look down upon the other races, there are two the elves have some respect for, the dragons, and the satyrs. Surprisingly, or perhaps not, for many of the same reasons as humans, elves can’t help but be caught up in the love of life satyrs have, and a herd is one of the few places to find humans and elves on good terms with each other. The elves believe they have a lot to learn from satyrs and their unique perspective and connection to life. Satyrs are at a -1 difficulty to all social rolls when dealing with elves.

Social Stigma: Garou – As instinctive in nature as satyrs, garou are more likely to see satyrs as prey than possible allies, and are known to hunt herds that pass through their territory. There are exceptions, however, especially among garou with the intelligence trait, but satyrs are at a +2 difficulty to all social rolls when dealing with garou.

Mentality: Instinctive

Elemental Affinity: Wood

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Dwarves
Dwarves evolved from souls interested in the earth itself, and were especially attracted to the imposing mountain ranges throughout the world and the caverns found within. They have since become expert miners, quarriers and forgers and sculptors of stones and metals. Their main cities are found within the mountains themselves, but they often build imposing fortifications around them from the stone they extract while making room for these cavernous creations where some of the largest centers of trade in the world have grown. The dwarves are easily the richest of the races, and are responsible for the vast majority of mining of copper, silver, gold, and various gems, as well as minting them into pennies, coins, and bars. Dwarves have among their race the second lowest number of Ascended next to garou, but those they do have are best known for the forging of enchanted items.

Appearance: Dwarves are on average about 2/3rds the height of humans yet tend to be more physically inclined due to their most common trades. Mostly unkempt and just clean enough to avoid any lingering odors, they tend to collect a lot of dirt, dust, and soot quickly while only bothering to wash it off if it impedes their work. Their eyes are their least used sense, and though not underdeveloped, the rest of their senses are developed to a point where they can practically do without them, being able to maneuver through complete darkness with ease.

Racial Boons: Blind Sight – Known for excavating and mining all sorts of raw materials, dwarves have grown accustomed to traversing dark places, and have learned to “see” in total darkness by developing their senses to a point where they will compensate for their blindness. When unable to see, they receive no penalties towards any roll that usually rely on sight for 5m per their Perception Rating. Beyond this range, they are still considered blind.

Industrious – Apt at working with raw materials, dwarves are known for their ability to extract and work anything from stones to metals to gems to wood to clay. Dwarves receive a -2 difficulty on all rolls involving an Industrial-based Ability.

Racial Flaw: Short – Whereas most races average almost 1.75m in height for males, 1.6m for females, dwarves average only 1.2m and 1.1m for male and female respectively. Built for heavy lifting and traversing or making caverns as they search for materials within mountains and underground, it can actually be an advantage when trying to fit into small places that another race might find cramped, but puts them at a disadvantage when it comes to movement, needing an extra success on a jump roll to succeed compared to other races, and only able to cover 2/3rds the distance in the same amount of time.

Social Boon: Gnomes – Whereas dwarves work with raw materials, gnomes work to shape those materials to their vision. Because of this, they rely heavily on the dwarves to provide them with raw materials and often, forged components to use in their inventions, making gnomes the dwarves’ very best customers and closest allies. Dwarves receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with gnomes.

Humans – Though not as good of customers as the gnomes, the humans and dwarves also share a long standing relationship, and it’s impossible to find a settlement of one that doesn’t have a good number of all three races dwelling within. Though humans are often involved in their own private interests, they also realize there are many things out them that will help them in their pursuits, and thus, they often turn to the dwarves and gnomes for the tools they need as many do not want to bother with making them themselves. Dwarves receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with humans.

Social Stigma: Elves – Considering themselves protectors of nature, elves distain the dwarves for their willful disregard of the damage they wreak in their pursuit of stones and metals, precious or otherwise, lumber and more. Though they dislike gnomes and humans almost as much for their encouragement of such practices among other reasons, their distain for the dwarves is surpassed only by their hatred for the orcs. Dwarves receive a +2 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with elves.

Orcs – Whereas elves have a grudge against the dwarves for the damage they cause, orcs covet their wealth and are always seeking ways to breach the defenses of their cities to plunder their stockpiles of resources and the gnomish inventions within. Though these cities are by far the most difficult for the orcs to raid, they are also the most rewarding, and despite, or perhaps because of the challenge there is almost always at least one of their cities under siege by the horde. Dwarves receive a +2 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with orcs.

Metal Dragons – Protectors of the earth and responsible for what lies below its surface, metal dragons are often disturbed by the digging of the dwarves, who are not above fighting for their treasures, and the two hold an understandable grudge against each other, though it is not always the case, and some dwarven miners have made agreements with local metal dragons they have come across. Dwarves receive a +1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with metal dragons.

Elemental Affinity: Metal

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Gnomes
Evolved from souls interested in their own imaginations and the ability to transform what they see into what they envision, gnomes are the greatest artists and inventors of all the races. Mainly found almost intermingled with the dwarves, they feed off of the raw materials they extract and transform them into almost anything imaginable. Whereas the dwarves control the raw materials of the world, the gnomes control the technology, art, and crafts of the world. They are known for their wizards and sorcerers.

Appearance: Gnomes are the smallest of the races, the tallest just half the size of the average human. They have keen hand-eye coordination as well as longer arms and fingers, which extend past their knees when resting straight at their sides, giving them superior motor-skills and precision, otherwise appearing more like humans than any of the other races.

Racial Boons: Creative – The most artistic and inventive of races, gnomes are masters of their imagination, better able to turn their visions to reality than any other. Gnomes receive a -2 difficulty on all rolls involving a Creative-based Ability.

Dexterous – Though smaller than any other race, their arms and fingers by comparison are longer, allowing them far greater maneuverability and precision when working on their creations. All Agility rolls involving use of their hands are at -1 difficulty, with an additional -1 difficulty when using the Precision Ability.

Racial Flaw: Tiny – Averaging just 1m for both sexes, gnomes are the smallest race of all. Though dwarves tend to be short, they tend to make up for it with their thick limbs built for manual labor, gnomes do not have this advantage, tending to be both short and thin, built more for flexibility and working with small parts. They are at -1 success on all strength rolls (but 0 successes is still 0, not a botch), in addition to needing an extra success on all jump rolls and are only able to cover 3/4ths the distance in the same amount of time as other races.

Social Boon: Humans – Whereas gnomes rely most on dwarves for the materials they need, humans rely most on gnomes for the tools and inventions they want. Usually not wanting to deal with building things themselves, humans rely on gnomish inventions to make their pursuits and/or lives in general easier and more enjoyable. Gnomes receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls involving humans.

Dwarves – Just as much as the gnomes value the dwarves for a steady stream of materials, the dwarves value the gnomes not just for a steady stream of business, but for the inventions they supply to make their jobs easier, operations run more smoothly and efficiently, and help to fortify their defenses. The two are almost inseparable and they can be found in almost equal numbers in any of their cities. Gnomes receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls involving dwarves.

Social Stigma: Orcs – Whereas orcs covet the resources of the dwarves, they envy the gnomes for their inventions, and would not only love to get their hands on those inventions, but the inventors as well, and have a number of gnomes among the horde working on war machines for them, willingly or otherwise. Either way, orcs will try to capture and enslave gnomes rather than kill them. Gnomes receive a +1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with orcs.

Elves – The elves seem to have a torn opinion on the gnomes. On one hand, they frown upon the gnomes’ strong association with dwarves and humans; on the other, they fully appreciate their talent for art. Though they cannot fully forgive them for their encouragement and aid of dwarven practices, there are often a small number of gnomes that prefer elves to the others most their race associate with. Gnomes receive a +1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with elves.

Elemental Affinity: Fire or Metal

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Merfolk
Evolved from souls attracted to the water and what lies within its murky depths, merfolk have adapted to living underwater. Mainly dwelling in the oceans of the world as well as large lakes, they can occasionally be found traveling through rivers as well, and even more rarely, on land. Staying mainly to the water and their own kind, merfolk are a source of curiosity, awe, and rumors among the other races, many individuals spending their entire lives without catching so much as a glimpse of one. They live off of a diet of small fish, which they usually eat whole and still alive, and travel alone or in small groups, having no permanent dwellings, owning only what they can carry with them and won't interfere with their maneuverability underwater, mainly, some kind of weapon designed for thrusting, often a light net, and perhaps a few pieces of jewelry or other accessories made mainly of pearl and/or coral.

Appearance: Adapted to living in the water, merfolk tend to be covered in scales, mainly blue, with hues of greens, oranges, yellows, and red on their limbs and backs, with a gray torso and face, and either red or green hair. They have webbed fingers and toes, allowing them superior movement underwater, and gills allow them to breathe in both salt and fresh water, yet they are not restricted to remaining submersed, and can breathe equally well on land. Some have also adapted hard, jagged protrusions on their arms that they can use as natural weapons. But perhaps the most noticeable trait is their voice, which comes in just as crystal clear underwater as above, giving them superior command of the pitch, tone, volume, and inflection, allowing them to produce ear-splitting screams strong enough to render people temporarily deaf, or the most beautiful voices ever heard.

Racial Boons: Water Adaptation - Preferring to live underwater, merfolk have adapted themselves to their environment. Even without the Swimming Ability, they are able to move at normal speed underwater, and with the Swimming Ability, are able to make a roll with Agility to move at a multiplier modifier equal to the number of successes for a number of turns equal to their Stamina, or a roll with Stamina to move at a x3 modifier for a number of nautical miles equal to the number of successes before requiring a rest.

Voice Command - Merfolk are able to speak as clearly underwater as above, and have the most pleasing voices of any of the races, and receive a -2 difficulty on all social rolls involving their voice. They can also roll Stamina + Singing, difficulty 7 to make a screech attack, causing deafness for 2 turns per success, with over 5 successes causing permanent hearing loss, and stunning those within range for 1 turn for every 2 successes.

Racial Flaw: Racially Isolated - Due to their preference to stay underwater, the majority of merfolk have little to no contact with land dwellers save the occasional sailor or ship. This puts them at a severe disadvantage when dealing with those who live on land. They receive a +3 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with other races save water dragons, but can over come this disadvantage with certain individuals by spending 1 customization point or 2 XP points if not already covered by a Privilege Trait, or by spending time living on land and buying Racial Lore, each Racial Lore lowering the difficulty by 1 per level higher than 1 (2 only gets +2, 3 gets +1 and 4 and 5 are no penalty) when dealing with that race.

Social Boon: Water Dragons – The only two sentient races to share the depths of the oceans and lakes, the merfolk and water dragons have a long-standing relationship with each other, many merfolk acting as guardians and aids of these dragons in their duties to the gods. Merfolk receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with water dragons.

Social Stigma: None.

Elemental Affinity: Water

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm

Seraphim
Many souls are inevitably drawn to look to the skies. Seraphim are souls who weren't content to just look, and actually took flight to go there. Only a slightly more common sight than the merfolk, seraphim have made homes of the four moons orbiting the planet and beyond, having evolved to draw energy directly from the sun and withstand the extreme temperatures and conditions of space. Though there are a number who reside on the planet itself, few can resist their wanderlust and many make extended trips to explore the far reaches of the solar system, needing only a reliable source of water to survive.

Appearance: Seraphim mostly appear human except for their large, white, silver, or black wings extending from their backs. They often wear close fitted pants or loose skirts that don't quite reach their knees, and most go without a shirt, though some women will wear backless tops. Able to sustain themselves solar energy and other forms of heat, they tend to have a glow about them that carries with them even into night, which slowly fades the longer they are out of sunlight, until they start becoming pale and sickly from what would be akin to starvation.

Racial Boons: Sky Adaptation – Taken to the skies and beyond, seraphim have adapted themselves to being able to withstand the extreme heat of entering the atmosphere, and the extreme cold of the void of space. As inhospitable as it is, they have also learned to absorb energy from the stars and require little water. When in the atmosphere of a planet or moon, they have evolved wings to grant them the ability of flight, able to move through the air at the same speed other races move on the ground without the Flight Ability, and twice the rate if they have it. Flight can also replace Dodge, Athletics, and other Abilities involving maneuverability while in the air with a -1 difficulty.

Light Travel - When traveling through space, seraphim have the ability to move on rays of light, allowing them to greatly increase their rate of travel. When they do this their bodies all but shut down, using almost no energy or water at all, which halts the aging process and allows them to explore distance regions of the heavens. However, they do use a small bit of water, and can only travel for up to a year per 100ml of water they have drank before starting their travel before they must stop for more water, and once they have slowed out of light travel, they require just as much water as any other race, and run the risk of dehydration if they go on such extended travels without enough.

Racial Flaw: Racially Isolated – Due to their preference to travel the depths of space and reside on the various moons around the planet, the majority of seraphim have little to no contact with other races unless they decide to visit or reside on the planet. This puts them at a severe disadvantage when dealing with the planet’s inhabitants. They receive a +3 difficulty to all social rolls when dealing with other races, but can over come this disadvantage with certain individuals by spending 1 customization point or 2 XP points if not already covered by a Privilege Trait, or by spending time living on the planet and buying Racial Lore, each Racial Lore lowering the difficulty by 1 per level higher than 1 (2 only gets +2, 3 gets +1 and 4 and 5 are no penalty) when dealing with that race.

Social Boon: None.

Social Stigma: None.

Elemental Affinity: Air

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Garou
Whereas satyrs cherish life and sluagh are fascinated by death, Garou evolved from souls interested in the struggle to survive their new-found environment. While the satyrs roamed with the more peaceful creatures of the world, the garou took to studying the relationship between predator and prey and decided it was better to be on the top of the food chain than anywhere else. Garou tend to live in packs an alpha male, and respect the territories of others, only entering them by invitation or after announcing their arrival and reason for doing so. No strangers to hardship and life or death struggles, garou tend to rely on their physical forms more than anything and have the lowest number of Ascended of any race.

Appearance: Garou are best described as humanoid wolves, with fur covering their entire bodies, ranging from white to grey to black to brown, with a long snout full of razor sharp teeth, short legs, and longer arms, allowing them to drop down to all fours, and use their arms to help them run faster than any other race save Satyrs. They have equally deadly claws on both their hands and feet, and when standing upright, reach almost 3m on average for males and 2.75m for females.

Racial Boons: Land Adaptation – Garou have learned to survive in almost any environment the planet has to offer on land and how to move quickly upon any kind of terrain. They receive a -3 difficulty on all rolls involving Survival and can move twice as fast as other races on land.

Physical Advantage – Garou realize that the world is a savage place where survival of the fittest is the rule and have evolved a physical form that reflects this knowledge. They receive +3 Strength, +1 Agility, and +2 Stamina, and have sharp claws and teeth that add +2 Damage to all attacks that use them.

Racial Flaw: Predatory Instincts – Garou are very territorial in nature and tend to be rather aggressive to any intruders. They are also quick to attack when they feel threatened. Garou require a Willpower roll, difficulty 7 to avoid attacking someone entering their territory unannounced or otherwise appears to be a potential threat to the garou. Even if the garou has met the character before, he must still make a Willpower roll in these situations, but the difficulty is lowered to 5.

Social Boon: All Dragons – Dragons have a lot of respect for the garou and their embracing of the world they have helped to create and maintain. The garou are also fierce protectors of dragons, considering them kin of sorts and paying them the proper respect for the part they play in the gods’ creation. Garou receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with dragons.

Social Stigma: Orcs – The garou are thorns in the side of the orcs like no other. Hating the horde with a passion, the garou harry them with guerrilla tactics whenever the horde enters their territory. Giving no quarter and little opportunity to fight back in terrain the local pack knows better than anyone, the orcs tend to lose large numbers with little to plunder from the garou even in the rare cases they can track them down. Garou receive a +2 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with orcs if ever they can or even wish to get that far, as both are almost assured to immediately attack the other.

Mentality: Instinctive

Elemental Affinity: None

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Sluagh
The sluagh are a race fascinated with the mortality of life and its inevitable end. They are not overly hostile and do not seek to kill, but they have learned to tell when something or someone is about to die and smell carrion from up to a mile away, surviving as scavengers as they study the secrets of the dead. As a race, they have almost no social structure, most living solitary lives, but always willing to share their knowledge with others they encounter, and gather on each holiday. They are almost always drawn to the Ancestor Realm when Ascending and are among the greatest of mediums, shamans, and necromancers in the world. Despite this, they are not often used in funeral rituals by most races, humans and satyrs especially, as they will usually want the heart of the departed as payment for their services, a price many are unwilling to pay.

Appearance: Sluagh are pale looking creatures resembling humans with hollow, completely black eyes and a small but highly developed nose that can register a wide variety of smells without the effect strong smells can have on others. They tend to look frail and sickly, as if on the verge of death, but have razor sharp claws and teeth used mainly in eating dead flesh and self-defense.

Racial Boons: Death Sense – Sluagh are naturally attuned to death, and can sense both those who have died and those who are about to die with a Perception + Awareness roll, difficulty 7. Each success allows a sluagh to detect the body of the recently deceased within a mile (1 success = 1 mile, 3 successes = 3 miles, etc), or will detect whether or not an injury or sickness could be fatal and how long it will take for the creature to die if it is. Sluagh also receive -2 difficulty on all Perception rolls involving the sense of smell but receive no penalty for an overpowering scent.

Natural Defenses – Sluagh have naturally sharp claws and teeth that add +2 Damage to all attacks that use them, though bite attacks are at a +2 difficulty.

Racial Flaw: Socially Inept – Solitary creatures by habit, sluagh are at +2 difficulty on all Social rolls, even when dealing with another sluagh. Certain individuals known personally by sluagh characters can be made exceptions to this penalty if approved by the Storyteller at the cost of 2 XP or 1 customization point at character creation unless the individual is represented by one of the character’s Privileges instead.

Social Boon: Orcs – Out of all the races, the only race that gets along with the orcs, and who the orcs get along with, are the sluagh. While the orcs relish in causing death and destruction, the sluagh follow in their wake, feeding and studying the casualties. Though there are few among other races care for the funeral services the sluagh are willing to provide, the orcs make constant use of their services, letting the sluagh see off their brethren, and defile the remnants of their enemies. Sluagh receive a +1 difficulty to all social rolls when dealing with orcs, -1 for those made exceptions to the Socially Inept flaw.

Social Stigma: Satyrs – Though satyrs recognize death as a natural part of life, they see no reason to revel in it as the sluagh do. They avoid dealing with sluagh whenever possible, and will go to great lengths to hunt them down whenever one desecrates a satyr or a close ally of the herd, or does anything to their remnants. Sluagh receive a +2 difficulty to all social rolls when dealing with Satyrs in addition to the +2 difficulty for Socially Inept.

Elemental Affinity: Wood

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Orcs
Evolving from souls driven by conflict, orcs are a race known for war. Going through stages of civil war to unite the horde under the strongest leader followed by his reign and attempt to expand their territory before another rises to vie for rule, falling back into civil war and back again. Hated by most, orcs are a violent lot who can rarely get along with each other, the weakest and most aggressive alike are more often killed by their own kind who respect only strength and intelligence, and are the only race save dragons who have developed both their instincts and intelligence rather than focusing on only one. Orcs also have the third highest number of Ascended of all the races, and the most Warlocks and Reavers.

Appearance: Orcs tend to have dark grey skin with a tint of green, black or brown hair, and black, green, brown, or red eyes. Their heads are slightly angled towards their jaw, not to the point of a snout like garou, but it does allow them a slight advantage when using their teeth over any other race. They also tend to be rather muscular in build with thick limbs and short, but deadly claws protruding from their fingers.

Racial Boons: Dual Mentality – Whereas most races have Intelligence or Instincts as their main Attribute and must split the 5 point maximum between the two if they wish to have both, orcs have been able to develop them to a point where they can treat them as separate attributes, potentially able to raise both to 5. Each orc still picks one or the other as their main Attribute which will determine which mentality the particular orc tends to favor and automatically starts at 1. The other starts at 0; the first level costs 6xp and is then treated like any other attribute instead of treating it as another level of the main Attribute as other races do.

Combat Oriented – Orcs have naturally sharp claws and teeth that add +2 Damage to all attacks using their claws or teeth, though bite attacks are at a +1 difficulty. They also receive +1 Strength, and -1 difficulty on all rolls involving the use of a weapon.

Racial Flaw: Blood Lust – Violent and prone to confrontations, orcs must succeed in a Willpower roll, difficulty 5 to avoid immediately attacking a stranger, and must also make a Willpower roll when insulted or angered by another character, or to avoid joining some kind of violent confrontation they encounter, difficulty determined by the Storyteller depending on the situation.

Social Boon: Sluagh – As a race fascinated with death, the sluagh are the only race to see a benefit in the wars waged by the orcs, savoring the chance to study the nearly unending supply of fresh corpses killed in a wide variety of fashions, and also appreciate the chance to put their skills and Arts to use for the horde. Orcs receive a -1 difficulty on all social rolls involving sluagh.

Social Stigma: All but Sluagh – Known only for their love of conflict and war, few people of any race save the sluagh want anything to do with orcs. Even the merfolk and seraphim unaccustomed to the affairs of the other races instinctively know to be wary of the horde and will be immediately put off by them. Orcs receive a +2 difficulty on all social rolls when dealing with any race except Sluagh.

Mentality: Dual

Elemental Affinity: None

Last edited by InfamousI on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 pm

The Dragon Races

The Elemental Fire Dragons

Work in Progress

Last edited by InfamousI on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:28 pm

Drakes

Work in Progress

Last edited by InfamousI on Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Wyverns

Work in Progress

Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:30 pm

The Elemental Air Dragons

Work in Progress

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So here it is, my RPG project   So here it is, my RPG project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So here it is, my RPG project
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next