The Remaining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Brave

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito

Go down 
+2
Kojiro
Mysteria Kiito
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mysteria Kiito
Hero
Hero
Mysteria Kiito

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Empty
PostSubject: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:47 pm

I don't think this really counts as a rant.. Just incoherant thoughts of a drunk.. Or maybe they might make sense.. Who the hell knows? But we will see.. This first one I know I might have thought of before, but I remembered it while on the toilet so it's not all there in my memory. I know these thoughts have crossed my mind before and I've discussed them at length with people before, but never drunk. But here it goes.

Do plants scream when we harvest them? If so why don't we hear them? They are living beings so I'm sure they feel pain just the same as anyone else.. They need water and compost that holds much more nutrients for them than regular dirt would to remain alive, just like any other animal.. Sure they eat and drink in a nonconventional method that most living animals do. You and I use our mouth, even animals do, but plants need roots to survive and even the sunlight! But does this mean they don't feel pain? I don't think so. Plants bleed just like we do, just not red blood like we do. It comes out in different forms. Maple syrup for example! We eat that. We put tree blood on our waffles and pancakes for breakfast.

Speaking of eating.. Vegetarians. They bother me. If my above theory is right then they are the biggest hypocrits alive! "Oh don't eat animals, they are living beings and feel pain!" Well, so are plants. And a lot of these people are tree huggers too. They tie themselves to trees to prevent people from wiping out forests then go and have themselves a salad when it's all over and done with. Um.. Duh? They cannot outrun the fact that something has to die for something bigger and badder to eat. It is the fact of life. Get over it. I'm sure even in the plant world this happens. In the animal world it happens. There are no vegetarian lions. There are no non-water drinking plants. And there sure as hell isn't going to be a human that lives on nothing but water because they can't hurt a plant or an animal. Fuck, if you want to get technical, EVERYTHING you touch has something living in it. Molecules and stuff like that. Going to stop drinking water now hippy?! Yeah I thought so. Now go get a hamburger and cry yourself to sleep because the world sucks.
Back to top Go down
Kojiro
Average Joe
Kojiro

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:10 pm

Mysteria Kiito wrote:

Going to stop drinking water now hippy?! Yeah I thought so. Now go get a hamburger and cry yourself to sleep because the world sucks.

I love you

(is anyone else creeped out by that face?)
Back to top Go down
Forgefire_McCain
Adventurer
Adventurer
Forgefire_McCain

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 pm

We bug you?

So in spite of the fact that meat tends to be responsable for 99% of all food-related illness, meat rearing contributes more to global warming and coral erosion than cars, the rain forest damage done to raise enough cattle to satisfy people or the many other factors that make meat such an inefficient food source there is something wrong with those of us who choose not to eat it? I was raised Adventist, and the main reasons Adventists don't eat meat is that it is healthier not to. Things like Batchalism, E-Coli and other illnesses are much less prevalent in plant products in part because they have a totally different biological structure. And while genetic manipulation may pose some risks regardless of what you eat science says that you are much less likely to be affected when dealing with something from another kingdom. On top of that because of the overpopulation in the world today we have too high of a demand for meat. If we just used PART of the food we use to feed all that livestock out there then we could probably feed most of the starving people in Africa with it.

You are right, some people get a little too self righteous about it and tend ot come off as asses. However like it or not you can still get everything your body needs without going to meat, and even if we simply switched to responsible meat eating for most people rather than demanding a 24/7 cow fix the world would be a much better place. It seems like your lumping in everyone who refuses to eat meat and assuming its only because the animals feel pain. Its not. There are plenty of sound reasons not to eat meat and almost no reason to do so. As for environmentalists, well, blowing up the only planet we currently have access to just seems like a bad idea. In most games you need to have at least burdening interstellar flight before the home world splodes.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Nonetheless nothing anybody can say will stop me from eating burgers.
Back to top Go down
Tprime
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer
Tprime

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Like it or not, it's much easier to get a healthy diet when consuming meats rather than otherwise. Meat is one of the only sources from which you can get your required amounts of proteins. If you're someone who doesn't consume animal by-products, it's near impossible. You're need a ridiculously meticulous diet to be able to healthily sustain yourself that way.
For me, it's more the fact that I can't stand vegetables. They have no enjoyable taste to me. The only vegetables I will eat are those that have virtually no taste, or ones I can embellish to give a better taste.

As to increasing global warming and coral corrosion, are you referring to the methane emitted by cows?

To your Africa suggestion, I'll refer you to the adage "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fist, and he'll eat for the rest of his life.". The first part would apply in this case, because much of northern Africa doesn't have farmland, and is mostly desert. Which means that we wouldn't be solving the problem, we'd be merely delaying it.
Back to top Go down
http://Tprime.deviantart.com
Forgefire_McCain
Adventurer
Adventurer
Forgefire_McCain

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 pm

And thats fine, just keep in mind that you put yourself into a much greater risk of illness or other ailment from genetic tampering as well as paying more for food per capita. Me? I have only had a food related illness once in my life, from poorly handled sprouts at a hard rock cafee at Universal studios. Eating anything there is Russian roulette.

Just a point to be made.

Quote :
Like it or not, it's much easier to get a healthy diet when consuming meats rather than otherwise. Meat is one of the only sources from which you can get your required amounts of proteins. If you're someone who doesn't consume animal by-products, it's near impossible. You're need a ridiculously meticulous diet to be able to healthily sustain yourself that way.

Not even CLOSE to true. In fact if you want a complete protean all you really need is a peanut butter sandwich on Wheat bread. There is nothing in the animal kingdom you cannot get elsewhere. I have lived a diet that flies in the face of this statement for 24 years and done very well. Anyone who tells you that you need animal product fails at food science.

Quote :
For me, it's more the fact that I can't stand vegetables. They have no enjoyable taste to me. The only vegetables I will eat are those that have virtually no taste, or ones I can embellish to give a better taste.

Well then thats your issue, but I think odds are good it is more a matter of you not knowing how to make veggies properly. You will have to tell me just how you prepare them but I am willing to bet I could give you recepies that you would eat. Don't believe me? look at my avi.

Quote :
As to increasing global warming and coral corrosion, are you referring to the methane emitted by cows?

Methane AND the carbon released by the rotting cow remains that don't get used by processors, as well as the loss of overall carbon filtering potential from cutting down rain forests. Its not just a 'the planet will get too warm eventually' thing, its a 'the reefs will go down and storms like Katrina will be 'normal' thing.

Quote :
To your Africa suggestion, I'll refer you to the adage "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fist, and he'll eat for the rest of his life.". The first part would apply in this case, because much of northern Africa doesn't have farmland, and is mostly desert. Which means that we wouldn't be solving the problem, we'd be merely delaying it.

Yes but you would be teaching a man to fish when he lives in THE SAHARA. I hate when people use that phrase to shurk responsibility. Much of hte land is of poor quality for raising things, the conflicts result in most of it getting taken or ruined, and the environment itself takes care of the rest. Seriously man... you need to read up more on the situation in africa. This has NOTHING to do with being lazy or unskilled and EVERYTHING to do with a situation the western world created many many decades ago.
Back to top Go down
Mysteria Kiito
Hero
Hero
Mysteria Kiito

Number of posts : 313

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:36 pm

Methane gets released into the air when you fart, so even if that cow wasn't decaying, you're releasing it several times a day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
InfamousI
InfamousI

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Though a lot of what you say has merit Forge, you seem to be forgetting the fact that the major food related illness outbreaks in America over the past few years have come from peanuts/peanut butter, spinach and other non-meat/dairy products, the closest something's come to the scale of sickness those two major outbreaks caused was the contaminated milk from China recently, which was never a major outbreak in America and caused by chemical contamination, not bacteria or the like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysanthropicasylum.net
Tprime
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer
Tprime

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 pm

And whoever said meat had to come from cows? We actually don't even buy cow, we buy bison. Much healthier, thanks to the reduced fats. Your whole food poisoning argument doesn't really work, because if you cook your meat well, you will kill 99.999% of harmful diseases in it. There is a rare case of food poisoning from meat that hasn't been attributed to under cooking.
Also, what blame am I trying to escape from? I'm supposed to feel the responsibility to rectify a situation I have absolutely nothing to do with? The meat trade would be a very minimal causality in the problems Africa has.
Back to top Go down
http://Tprime.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito   Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drunk thoughts of Mysteria Kiito
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Remaining :: Forum Activities :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: