The Remaining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Brave

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Type of Video Game?

Go down 
5 posters

Favourite Game Style?
RPG (Less complex, and with a main path.)
Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_lcap50%Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
MMORPG (More complex, you can go where you want.)
Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_lcap25%Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
FPS/TPS (TPS for Gears of War.)
Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_lcap0%Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Locked RTS (RTS where you only see your 'base'.)
Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_lcap0%Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Omniscient RTS (RTS where you can scroll the map.)
 0% [ 0 ]
Side-scroller (Super Mario style.)
Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_lcap13%Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Arcade (Pacman, Tetris.)
 0% [ 0 ]
Sports
 0% [ 0 ]
Racing
 0% [ 0 ]
Interactive (Wii/DDR.)
 0% [ 0 ]
Text-based (Roleplays.)
Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_lcap12%Favourite Type of Video Game? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Tranced
Average Joe
Tranced

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Favourite Type of Video Game? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 6:41 pm

What's your favorite type of vidyagame? From the MMO to the Side-scroller.
Back to top Go down
Tprime
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer
Tprime

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Why are RPGs less complex than MMORPGs? I think the original Neverwinter Nights is very complex compared to say, EvE online.
Back to top Go down
http://Tprime.deviantart.com
Tranced
Average Joe
Tranced

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

Tprime wrote:
Why are RPGs less complex than MMORPGs? I think the original Neverwinter Nights is very complex compared to say, EvE online.

That's a rare case though, most MMOs have much more work put into them than the simple browser-based RPG. When I said complex, I didn't quite mean difficult as much as I meant MMOs have a larger range of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm

Where are puzzle and adventure games?
Back to top Go down
scitzy
Adventurer
Adventurer
scitzy

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Yeah! I refuse to vote until there is a category that Super Mario 64 fits into.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Or EarthBound/Portal!
Back to top Go down
geriand
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
geriand

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Sorry Tranced but this list of genre's is flawed tremendously. In an attempt to be detailed you have accidentally alienated numerous genres such as the platformer.
Secondly, wtf do you mean MMO's have more work put into them then "browser based RPGs" did you know that Final Fantasy is an RPG? Earthbound is an RPG? Tales of Symphonia is an RPG?
I almost guarantee you that a lot of work has been put into these games and more likely a hell of a lot more then WoW if you look at all the hidden secrets and pathways in these games. An open world game is generally going to be less detailed then a fixed linear game because they go for quantity over quality to create more rather then making the areas and story they do have the best they can be.
Maybe what you should have done is create a "Western RPG" which would encompass games such as Oblivion and Fallout 3, a J-RPG which includes Final Fantasy and Earthbound and then MMORPG which of course includes games such as WoW and Warhammer Online.

p.s I also don't understand this "browser based" you seem to be pigeon-holing non MMORPG's into, how many browser based RPG's do you know of apart from Adventure Quest and their ilk? Oh and Neverwinter Nights is not a rare exception, there are plenty of games with as much work put into an MMO, they just put it into different things because the games are fundamentally single player instead of multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Type of Video Game?   Favourite Type of Video Game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Type of Video Game?
Page 1 of 1