The Remaining
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of the Brave

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greatness that is Character Customisation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
geriand
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
geriand

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-02-23

The Greatness that is Character Customisation Empty
PostSubject: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:24 pm

As I'm sure a few of you, maybe just Dragon-Head but still, know I am in love with the prospect of Character Customisation, i.e the ability to put myself into the game. I made a thread on the Urealms boards about a dream game I wish for and I got a lot of suggestions in which I have been trying stuff out with and I am liking them a lot. Here is a thread to discuss your views on character customisation, how far should it be allowed to be taken and whether it appeals to you or not.

My Experiences
Western RPG
So based on recommendation I decided to explore and play around with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3. All I can say is that I love them both to death and my only regret is buying them for 360 and not PC making character screen shots a bastard to get. The level of detail I can go into with both, as well as the free-roaming element allow me to create my own story as I play since I generally ignore the major quest line.

City of Heroes
Oh my frigging god is this game amazing. I loved Spiderman: Web of Shadows and this game feels exactly like that but I can design my own hero to explore and search this fantastic world. I wish I had the opportunity to purchase and play because I can see this being the MMO, if Champions Online fails, that will capture my heart forever.

JRPG
In JRPG's the most I can do is name a character. Normally I would complain however this is coming I love to do. Not only are the plot lines genuinely interesting to me but it means that I can focus on analysing the personalities of each character and deciding who is most like who in the real world of people I know. These games are real gems to me and continue to bring a smile to my face.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:28 pm

I liked naming things in EarthBound...
Back to top Go down
geriand
RP Moderator
RP Moderator
geriand

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Dragon-Head wrote:
I liked naming things in EarthBound...
Me too, I got stuck when it got to my favourite food though lol
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm

My favourite food was "Depends".
Back to top Go down
Tprime
DoubleAdventurer
DoubleAdventurer
Tprime

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:04 pm

I love NWN, not for character looks, but for sheer depth of skill and feat customizations.
Back to top Go down
http://Tprime.deviantart.com
InfamousI
InfamousI

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Dragon-Head wrote:
That's pretty hilarious when you realize that "Depends" are a brand of adult diaper...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysanthropicasylum.net
Dragon-Head
Hero
Hero
Dragon-Head

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:14 am

InfamousI wrote:
Dragon-Head wrote:
That's pretty hilarious when you realize that "Depends" are a brand of adult diaper...
Really? I guess Ness likes eating diapers then! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatness that is Character Customisation   The Greatness that is Character Customisation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatness that is Character Customisation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Remaining :: Media Center :: General Gaming-
Jump to: